Session Title: The “Five Forces” of IoT:
How the IoT Transforms Competition and Companies
PTC President and CEO, Jim Heppelmann, collaborated on a multi-year research project on the Internet of Things (IoT) with Professor Michael Porter of the Harvard Business School. Their research findings were published in two Harvard Business Review articles, exploring the impact of the IoT on industry competition and on companies' organizational structure. Their ongoing research now explores the emerging trend of Augmented Reality (AR), creating new experiences and opportunities for competitive advantage in the IoT.
In this session you will:
PTC is located at 140 Kendrick Street, Needham, MA 02494.
- Get the key concepts in a mini-MBA format presentation from a key member of the research team that helped develop these seminal articles.
- Learn how the IoT is transforming organizational structures, value creation and the very nature of competition.
- See real-world examples, as well as new technologies that will transform how humans interact with and experience the physical things around them.
- Tour PTC’s experience center and participate in interactive demonstrations of practical uses of Augmented Reality for business.
- Parking: Upon arrival at PTC’s headquarters, follow drive to very end and turn right into the garage. Park in any open spot (4th level will have plenty of open spots). PTC’s garage is free, and for employees and visitors only.
- Where To Go: Follow signs and enter at to the main building lobby